cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

144 hertz refresh rate no video

So I came accross a rather interesting bug I guess I'd call it.. I have a Asus monitor capable of 144 hertz and I use the NowTV app on Windows 10.

I've never had any problems with it untill recently if I try playing a video I get this almost no signal type static on the video as if you were using an old TV and you had no signal, however I do get audio. 

The funny part comes in when I go to use NowTV in my IE explorer on 144 hertz and it works perfectly fine..

So for the time being (and I know it's not a big deal) I have to use anything lower than 144, at the moment I'm on 121 and it works fine.. 

I'm conviced it's my computer as I did actually try and watch a show on the Channel 4  player before and the same thing accurred. Youtube works fine, even the adverts  on the Channel 4 OD just not the actual show.. 

Any ideas :/?

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
1 Reply
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: 144 hertz refresh rate no video

Televisions are able to support a range of input frequencies but more often than not newer televisions with 'HDMI only' inputs support a fixed number of frequencies.

The content that NOW TV plays out has a frequency of 50Hz or 60Hz for some 'non live' movie content. Meaning frequencies such as 50, 60, 75, 100, 120 will be fine. But not 144Hz!

Cheers

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks