cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

144 hertz refresh rate no video

So I came accross a rather interesting bug I guess I'd call it.. I have a Asus monitor capable of 144 hertz and I use the NowTV app on Windows 10.

I've never had any problems with it untill recently if I try playing a video I get this almost no signal type static on the video as if you were using an old TV and you had no signal, however I do get audio. 

The funny part comes in when I go to use NowTV in my IE explorer on 144 hertz and it works perfectly fine..

So for the time being (and I know it's not a big deal) I have to use anything lower than 144, at the moment I'm on 121 and it works fine.. 

I'm conviced it's my computer as I did actually try and watch a show on the Channel 4  player before and the same thing accurred. Youtube works fine, even the adverts  on the Channel 4 OD just not the actual show.. 

Any ideas :/?

1 REPLY 1
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Televisions are able to support a range of input frequencies but more often than not newer televisions with 'HDMI only' inputs support a fixed number of frequencies.

The content that NOW TV plays out has a frequency of 50Hz or 60Hz for some 'non live' movie content. Meaning frequencies such as 50, 60, 75, 100, 120 will be fine. But not 144Hz!

Cheers