cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

watched the first episode last night … and then watched two more cos I was hooked after the first 10 mins. Cool!!!!! It’s a really simple, clever idea isn’t it, and makes you wonder what you would do in that situation.

Spoiler
I really like that it’s slipped straight into a sort of X-Files like investigation, pitching L against Light. And Ryuk reminded me straight away of a cross between Pennywise the Clown and The Crow/Joker, in other words freeaakkky!! Got up to the point where Light’s just been offered death god eyes in return for half of his remaining years … and that’s just episode 3! What the heck is going to happen in the next 34 episodes??? …. I don’t know …. but I’m going to find out!!

Yours, potential anime convert Andy!!

PS you're right, the English dub is great

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glad you like it @Andy !!

Spoiler
Ugh, don't say The Crow 😞
That terrifies me. (Even though I love Ryuk which is a bit mental if you think about it 😄 )

It is one of those "would you, wouldn't you" kinda shows. That is what makes it soooooo cool! It makes you wonder if Light is a hero or a psycho. 😮
Just wait until Misa comes into it. 😉

@Anonymous User One of us.... One of us.....

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Spoiler

Yeah exactly, and this mysterious L figure is intriguing, a bit like V in V for Vendetta, who is behind the mask and whose side is he really on? I've got all sorts of ideas going round my head 😄

You do realise I'll be giving you daily updates now until I've finished it, you're gonna be sick of hearing about it!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy That's okay, I never tire of Death Note. 🙂

Spoiler
Spoiler
You gotta love the "I AM...JUSTICE" that L and Kira deliver at the same time. 😄

I used to watch Hong Kong Phooey on Boomerang. Didn't fancy him though. 😉

@Anonymous User Considering you know about B.B, how could you not know about the dub? 😄

It is actually quite a good dub considering the characters are British. 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

I reckon we can work out what @Anonymous User 's animated crush is if we put our minds to it, I'm thinking it must be something from Pokemon, there must be some female characters in that,  probably pink or purple, any suggestions? 😉

As for Deathnote

Spoiler
got to the bit where the police team are just about to meet L, they're opening the door as the episode goes off ... surely it's not going to be as easy as that, I'm expecting some twist there. And who is that L anyway, he looks about 15!!! Is that really him? And now Light has killed the FBI man following him surely that's going to lead straight to him, what a mistake that was! 

Ooh as you can see I'm getting really into it!! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 I've usually stayed clear of the dubs as I generally prefer the subs (unless it's a Ghibli film, I quite like the dubs for them but then again it's done by Disney right?)

Do you have MAL by the way?

Let's not make it common knowledge that I know about B.B Smiley Embarassed

Oh no please don't organise some sort of team activity to identify my crushes through my kid years @Andy! (But yes I do like coloured hair sometimes) Damn there's clue number one..

I also love how into Death Note you are haha, I'll be looking forward to seeing your reactions!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ryan-R wrote

Oh no please don't organise some sort of team activity to identify my crushes through my kid years @Andy! (But yes I do like coloured hair sometimes) Damn there's clue number one..

Ooh cmon @caseyb1993 I'm guessing Tank Girl, am I right, am I right??!!?? 

image.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy If I tell you you're right, will you stop uncovering more and more of my dark secrets?

(Never heard of Tank Girl but she is one of mine now..)

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Oh yes, true, a man must have some dark secrets to himself! 😉

Shall I buy you a Sakura Funko Pop for Xmas and we'll leave it at that  ... 😄

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Hahahaha I can honestly say that I've never watched Naruto so I'm clear from that guess 😉

@caseyb1993 Yep yep! I haven't used it in years but I really need to update my list and get back to watching some that I had planned. Have you got an updated list? I'm curious to see if ours are similar 🙂

OH man I remember hearing parts of the dubbed version for Higurashi and I actually cringed Smiley Very Happy 

I want to see a list of anime that you've watched too Andy!