cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

samung tv and device madness

Hi all, I spent the best part of an hour this morning trying to add my Samsung smart tv to my other tv. I have a newer samsung tv which I have the old style nowtv box on, and purchased a nowtv stick so I could add it as an device on my older Samsung tv in the sitting room, to save me moving the box from room to room.

I wasn't able to resolve it this morning and I now am worried that my tv in the sitting room is too old, its model number is LE40C65OL1K, is this the reason I can't add it to my account?

If this is the case, can I install it on my laptop and use a HDMI cable to watch it on my older Samsung tv?

Any help would be really appreciated 🙂

22 REPLIES 22
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With your older nowtv box is it showing your entertainment & cinema pass and can you watch nowtv with it ?

When you try to watch entertainment or cinema on the nowtv stick is it asking you on your TV screen to buy a pass ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

Yep I can watch it, and yes it ask me to get a pass on the new stick

D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I don't know what to do, this is where things were this morning with the online help, well apart from the box and the stick were on the other tvs

Daisy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Have logged into my account on the laptop, it says that there are no devices added

Daisy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

though I am unable to watch anything on my laptop either

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would have thought it would at least have shown the older box if you have definitely logged in on here with the nowtv account details for the box.

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers and Bills & Payments on here (making sure you are using the older box account details) is there any sign of your entertainment & cinema passes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

am getting a bit confused now, what would you like me to check?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I stupidly logged out of both tvs, thinking it might right itself, I now can't access it on either tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It sounds to me that there is some sort of an account email address / username & password login with the stick.

I would normally say you are using a different nowtv account login details on your stick compared to the older box, where you are saying the older box is running fine with your nowtv passes.

You have confirmed & happy that the older nowtv box and stick have the exact same identical nowtv account login details.

I am trying to figure out where are your entertainment and cinema pass on your account, where you would usually see them under the My Account > Passes & Vouchers section on here if logged in with the correct account details.

This would also be backed up by going to My Account > Bills & Payments section on here where you should normally see previous, current and future payments for your entertainment & cinema pass.

You could try going into the stick NowTV App under My Account and sign out of the stick, then re sign back into the stick again with the same account details indentical to your older nowtv box.

Or last resort try a full factory reset and setup the stick again from scratch making sure that you use the same identical login details has your box.

But i am not sure if that would work if you are 100 % positive that you used the same account details has your older box which you have confirmed is working & playing fine with the entertainment & cinema nowtv passes.

You may be better off contacting live chat, where they can pull up your account details on their computer screen and should be able to figure out why the stick is not playing the entertainment & cinema pass on your account like the older nowtv box.

Here's a link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices 

Hope you get it sorted. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for your help, its all sorted now, I have been keying in the wrong email address all day, and I only realised when I shut both the box and stick down and couldn't open my account again.

Daisy