cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled over a year ago and got charged

I cancelled my subscription before my months free trial was up and then just over a year later I was charged £9.99. Bank won't do anything as they are saying I have made a payment to them before which I have not so asked them if it was a holdings payments where they take approx 1p to make sure the account is real and that is classed as a payment. Absolutely disgusted is an understatement. I will be contacting ombudsman and trading standards. They need a phone number that you can contact them as I was on live chat for over 40 mins and I was rudely disconnected by the agent too.
4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming service is a fully 'online service' which offers help to its customers via Live Chat, via Email or via this forum (by forum members, along with a comprehensive range of Help Centre articles). And as such, there is no telephone number...

After officially cancelling your subscription or subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), you will have been sent a confirmation email or emails.

This being the case, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) and free-trials, run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done 'officially' and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account or accounts if you have them!
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F can you get this looked into?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you been in contact with the team about this via Live Chat at all? Looks to have been refunded when i checked?

Cheers

Eddie

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@EddieM wrote:

Have you been in contact with the team about this via Live Chat at all? Looks to have been refunded when i checked?

Really... That's good to hear @Anonymous User. Sadly very few people come back and tell us this 😉