cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

surely NOW TV must add subtitles after all the comments that are being made with this regard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a date for subtitles to be added to NowTV? Was hoping to watch a film tonight  but making the most of free iew.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is surely getting slightly ridiculous!

I would be rather embaressed having to constantly tow the company line that it's being looked into and that it's a complicated process.

Seems laughable when subtitles are provided as standard with all features.

I am hard of hearing and it's such a shame to encounter what could be a leading and useful service falling short. Everything else about the service is very strong.

After reading the endless posts on this subject I would like to hear a straight answer from the management - most truthfully it should proabably read something like:

"We have completed an in depth cost analysis and it's just not worth the associated costs to implement for a small disabled part of our client base."

It's not such a problem for me as I am on a free trial and will simply knock it off at the end of the month.

It just seems like maddness that at a time like this, when there are many burgeoning new services competing for on demand content delivery, a well placed, well funded and connected service like Now TV won't do the right thing.

So please either:

1. release a date when it will be implemented by

or

2. admit that it's not planned for the future (as evidenced by the last two and half years of evasive marketing/PR hot air.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the box yesterday with a two month Movies pass. Couldn't believe there were no subtitles and reading through the discussion on this the issue has been around for nearly 3 years now. I had to use the free trial to get the box going but as the pass is supposed to remain valid for a year I'm going to wait before activating what I've paid for in the hope that the subtitles will become available before the pass becomes useless. 

I'm not hard of hearing nor a non-native speaker of English but I often bring up subtitles to increase understanding and I know that when I'm watching a French film, although I speak French fluently there's stuff you miss so I often use subtitles. 

Perhaps the lack of subtitles accounts for why there are no foreign movies on Sky; that's another surprising omission from a paid OD film service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User foreign films will have the subtitles as part of the video stream. Examples from the TV side of things are Gomorroah and The Legacy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree.I cancelled already.It is a shame, for the movies selection is good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, subtitles are a priority, but from what I understand, because NOW TV stream live TV as well as catch up content, it makes adding subtitle  complex.  NOW TV are well aware of the demand for subtitles and it's an issue that has, by no means, been forgotten from what I am aware.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get subtitles on some titles .What I would like to know is how to turn them off.?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well done sky another costumer is leaving after the free trial period!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My daughter bought the now TV box for me for Christmas as I am deaf and can't enjoy TV programmes without subtitles so I was looking forward to seeing some good movies.  I was shocked to see there are no subtitles, and my daughter was very disappointed as what she thought was a good present for her mum turned out to be just another reminder that deaf people are still discriminated against in society.  I am very angry - so are a lot of other people by the look of it.  I hope the access improves soon.