cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to Watch NOW TV on Windows Laptop

Hello

I have just registered for NOW TV. With my account I can watch NOW TV fine on my Android phone and my LG TV.

However when I try on my laptop (Windows 7, Firefox) it does not work. I click to play a film, I see a message that it is obtaining a licence to play the video, then the following message appears, at the top of the screen in red:

"There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments."

I have tried waiting some time then trying again. I have also tried rebooting the laptop.

Hope someone can help

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am still in the same situation as you as well - so frustrating!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello all,

If you have Windows 8.1 (or higher) installed on your computer, the best way to view the NOW TV service is by installing the NOW TV Windows app.... If you haven't already done-so 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for the tip. However I am using Windows 7.

Patrick

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  have you tried Internet Explorer?  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same sorts of issues. It's been going on for months. The level of support with this site is a joke. I'm sorely tempted to cancel my service.

I've tried IE and firefox. Just tried stepping through some of the "troubleshooting" suggestions, which promptly resulted in it no longer recognising the device, so I can't try again for another week. It's utterly useless.

I have found the NowTV box works fine, as does Android. I imagine countless windows users just give up and use tablets, seeing as there's no efficient means of finding the right help and raiding issues here.

I've tried IE and Firefox previously, and am back on Firefox now to no avail.. again. Windows 7 64 bit. Just tried firefox, which prompts you to install silverlight. You hit play and get a black screen open up with buttons, disabled. No use. You folow the "problem" advice, which result in it no longer recognising the device, so you don't even get the black screen any more. Very frustrating, and very poor service.

I should probably take this up with trading standards, and leave them to prove they have an acceptable level of service. Good luck eh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to download the 32 bit version of Firefox and see if that works 

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes I have tried Internet Explorer. I mentioned this in an earlier post.

Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok @Anonymous User in that case have you checked your internet provider doesn't block content.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet provider is BT, one of the main providers in the UK. As far as I am aware they do not block content; I have not set up nor requested any blocking. No other video or audio streaming services I have tried have been blocked.

Additionally I have tried the laptop on a different network, with the same problem.

Thanks

Patrick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If it's not already been suggested, I've read in another post that turning off the Smart Setup feature on the BT hub can help with connectivity problems.  Here are details http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/c/345,7524/related/1

Hope this helps