cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

I am actually quite shocked that subtitles are not available on the Now TV box you would of thought with Sky and Freeview boxes having options that now tv would also have them, I also think that it should be quite clear on packaging an also item description if for example purchasing from I.e Argos , I also am going to check wether this actually comes under the discrimination act because I like many other may feel there is a certain amount of dishonesty as it doesn't state anywhere that subtitles are not available because if it did I certainly wouldn't have wasted my money an I am sure many others may feel same
5 REPLIES 5
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Currently we don't support subtitles, however we know this is important to a lot of our customers but this is something we are looking to introduce.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Has this been resloved. I had assumed subtittles would be avaliable. it would seem to be pretty standard, and  a reasonable assumption to make when buying that this is part of the package. my hearing is worsening and lack of subtittles causes problems whenw atching with family 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi MM

You said, "I had assumed subtitles would be available. it would seem to be pretty standard, and  a reasonable assumption...."

My understanding of buying any retail product is that you cannot assume anything, if it does not say a feature/function is available on the packaging or any company sanctioned advert then that feature does not exist.

Also, I believe that under the Trade Description Act that companies are under no obligation to tell you what their products can't do, you would expect that from reviewers, but they cannot lie or mislead you about what they can do.

However, if enough customers push for subtitles then I'm sure Now TV will add that feature, it just may take a little time.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sky did make an announcement earlier this year that subtitles would start coming to some of the Sky content by the end of the year. Whilst I've not heard anything more since, hopefully they are still working towards that.

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/get-involved/campaign/access-to-television/subtitle-it/the-campaign-so-far/sky-to-extend-subtitles-to-now-tv.aspx

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If you are still interested in subtitles on NOW TV, you might like to know a subtitles trial has just been announced.  More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Try-subtitles-on-your-NOW-TV-or-Roku-Box/m-p/414390#U414390