Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Inhumans - Episodes 1 & 2 - Current Consensus

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6 @SeeMoreDigital

Dear Superhero fans

The first two episodes of the forthcoming Inhumans series, shown on IMAX, has been universally panned by those who have seen it. And the blame has been laid at the feet of a producer/writer named Scott Buck.

Scott Buck has been responsible for the demise of Dexter, the lack lustre Iron Fist, and now this shambles of an "Hawaii 5 O" clone, i.e. the new Inhumans series.

It is said that, including all Marvel's cinema and TV productions, this is the worst thing ever made.

However, my info is second hand and until I can see an episode or two for myself I intend to reserve judgment, despite the main critic I like to listen to dislikes what has been shown so far.

UK Bob

13 REPLIES 13
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Lindzi

Sorry Guys

I forgot to include your tags in the above post.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6 @SeeMoreDigital @Lindzi @schnapps

Dear Superhero fans

As far as I understand, the Inhumans episodes 1 & 2 took such as beating from audiences and critics alike that it is highly unlikely that ABC, producers of the show, will commission a second season of this debacle.

It is also debatable whether the final 6 episodes of the current season will ever get shown.

However, if the above is true then Marvel & ABC should withdraw the Inhumans, which will save them and the actors from further embarrassment, rethink their strategy and come back in a year or two with something fans can appreciate and support.

UK Bob 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

Not much of a Super Hero TV fan sorry, don't mind the occasional Super Hero Movie though (where i really enjoyed Deadpool and looking forward to the sequel) Smiley Happy

I did enjoy The Arrow and The Flash for the first season but then got bored of them Smiley Sad

So don't be surprised if there is little input from me on here or other related threads with regards to Super Heroes.

To be honest, i seem to be watching more movies nowadays and have been "nit picking" the TV shows that i want to watch Smiley Wink  

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hey Schnapps

Not to worry if your not a superhero fan, simply because it's just some lighthearted stuff to take our minds off life's pressures.

You know, I'm finding that I'm becoming somewhat nitpicking, for example I'm not excited about the new season of the Walking Dead, although I know it has lots of fans, I just think it's been on too long.

And again, although films can be exciting, I'm getting wary of seeing the same story repeated time and time again, no matter how ingenious the remix is, the conclusion is always the same. 

So yeah, I know where you're coming from because I'm coming from the same place.

Later.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UkBob,

If this website article is correct, then it looks like Marvel's Inhumans is coming to Sky 1 this Autumn.

http://vodzilla.co/blog/vod-news/marvels-inhumans-finds-uk-tv-home-on-sky-1/

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

For Sky to get Inhumans so quickly can only mean that Marvel & ABC are selling the rights to this show at a very cheap price in order to try and recoup some of their productions costs.

Further evidence to show that the show is (somewhat) doomed.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not bothered about Inhumans, but I'll give The Gifted a go when it starts on Fox UK next month. Sounds more like my kind of show.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @schnapps

You know Andy

I'm inclined to agree with you and I hope one or two of the well known YouTube reviewers can soon report on a preview episode.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob,

Not sure if i would enjoy watching a TV show at the cinema even on IMAX, where personally if it was me i would much prefer watching a TV programme on my home television set chilling out on the sofa Smiley Happy

For me the cinema big screen and sound experience is for movies only, where even on my home cinema projector i will only watch films and avoid watching TV shows Smiley Happy 

Perhaps it is just me Smiley Wink