cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connection required every time

We have to go through the connection process every time we switch on the Now TV (smart) box.

It finds the router easily and password is also saved but it is annoying.

Please advise if a solution to this issue has been posted already.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me as well for the last 3/4 weeks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Could be happening if the signal is weak where the box is, or other wifi networks are interfering with it. Check to make sure your NOW TV box isn't close to other sources of intereference eg in an open space, not stacked with other equipment, not in an enclosed cabinet etc. and at this time of year well away from Christmas decorations such as lights and tinsel. Do the same with your broadband router. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now you have said that, recently installed a Yale cctv recorder, hard wired to the router the now box is sitting on top the cctv,  both are only 24" away from the router in the Tv cabinet.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you are that close to the router I'd recommend using Ethernet to connect the NOW TV box to the router and eliminate the possibility of wifi interference, a couple of feet is a bit  too close to the router for comfort.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hard wired now cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ethernet is connected to the YouView box. Router is about 6m away.

Firesticks works well without any interference.

NowTV box not stacked with other devices.

Internet speed in our area is quite slow, could this be an issue?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No I wouldn't have thought your internet speed would be the issue, more a case of whether the box can reliably see your wifi connection or not. If you get a good wifi signal in the room where your NOW TV box is and you've already tried rebooting your broadband router and not seen an improvement then I'm not sure what the issue might be. 

You could try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).