cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gavin2
Advocate

Black Screen -

I have used NowTv on my PC for 3 years with no issues until this afternoon. I logged into NowTv to watch the cricket and all i get is a black screen. I do have sound but no picture. 

I am not trying to link to a monitor via a HDMI cable.

Please can someone tell me why this is happening and how it can be fixed

• PC
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisN
Advocate

Hi - I've got the same issue - sound but no picture - if I go to full screen I get a frozen image,

Solution - I loaded Chrome browser and it works fine on that.  Microsoft have clearly done something that's not compatible with Now TV sports channels (they all seem to be the same - other Now TV services seem to be not effected.

ChrisN
Advocate

Should have also said I was using Edge and Windows 11 when I was getting the black screen issue - it was working fine until today.  It will be interesting to understand whether its 'Microsoft Edge's issue or Now TVs?

RoyB
Legend

@ChrisN 

Edge and Windows 10 is working fine for me; I am soak-testing Entertainment in search of the reported memory leak. (And certainly finding something).

Edge updated automatically when I started it, so I know I am running the latest Edge release.

A user with issues on Mac reports that they happen on Entertainment as well as Sports, though it isn’t your black screen with sound.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gavin2 

What browser are you using?
Try another one perhaps?

Have you deleted the cookies and data?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Gavin2
Advocate

Good morning

Thank you for your reply.

My browser is Microsoft Edge. I deleted the last week of Cookies and Data ( that’s all there was) and I still got the black screen with audio but no picture.

I then swopped my browser to Google Chrome and everything now works correctly.

Thank you all for your advice – very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Gavin2

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gavin2 

At least it’s working albeit from a different browser so probably not ideal. If I were you I would report with staff as this is a customer to customer forum and staff seldom post on it. 

What you need is live chat which is accessed by clicking the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down when signed in.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help