cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayswales
Advocate

Should I have a device

Hello,

I signed up to NOW TV last week , it’s not very clear if i should have a device or should i buy a device separate and use my details to sign into it?

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, you need to obtain a device yourself. Most smart TVs will have an app, or Fire and Roku sticks seem most popular.

How To Get NOW On Your Device (nowtv.com)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jayswales 

It is the exact same way as Netflix, Disney+ etc, none of which provide you with a streaming device. Not even Amazon, you have to make sure you have a suitable device from the post by @Jayach 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@jayswales 

Now used to supply Now-badged boxes and sticks, actually made for them by Roku, but even then you had to buy them separately.

Nowadays, they have discontinued doing this, in favour of making the Now app available across a wide range of platforms, and letting the suppliers of those platforms worry about supplying the hardware.

I bet you will have quite a few devices that will run Now, hopefully including a TV or TVs, and/or sticks or boxes that plug into them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.