cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chloe22
Advocate

CDN ERROR

I have had 2 Roku boxes for around 2 months now, one upstairs in bedroom one in front room, the one upstairs works perfectly fine always but the one in the front room we seem to have a ongoing problem of CDN ERROR no more cdns to cycle I have tried to reset the box taken all leads out and out back in sometimes it worked but the majority of the time it still come up with CDN error.

if anyone else has had the problem and willing to help that’d be great as I’m paying for something that I can only watch every so often 

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chloe22 

When you say Roku box are you talking NOW branded box or Roku branded? As they are completely different devices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Chloe22 

Can you swap the two Roku devices over, without moving the HDMI leads with them, and see if the CDN errors move upstairs with the Roku, or stay in the front room? And report back?

This will either confirm or eliminate a possible Roku device fault, and we can progress from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Chloe22
Advocate

Hiya I have tried to swap them the problem doesn’t go upstairs but is still happening downstairs with the other Roku box now I did move the box and it started to work but is now coming up with the CDN error again, could it be where it is located in the front room? 

RoyB
Legend

@Chloe22 

To complete the testing, now swap the downstairs HDMI cable and the upstairs one, and see if the error moves with the cable.

But from what you say, I don’t think it will, so it could indeed be where the Roku box downstairs is located. And where the router is located may also be a consideration, though normally I’d expect problems more on the upstairs Roku, if the router is downstairs.

But start with the router; if it’s on a floor, try raising it up. As far as you can, try locating the router in the middle of your house. And pay attention to the WiFi signal path to each Roku. How many walls and ceilings does the signal have to pass through to get to each? Are there any fish tanks, smart LCD/LED lights, other electrical equipment, the signal has to pass through or near to get to each Roku?

If you can remove any such barriers to the signal, as far as possible, this will help greatly.

Finally, what is the router? If it is the Now router, that’s not got very powerful WiFi, I’m afraid. The Sky SR203, cheaply available from eBay sellers, is a much better, and entirely compatible, router that would slot straight in instead of a Now router and provide a rather stronger WiFi signal throughout.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I've had a thought, assuming CDN means content delivery network (a method of caching content closer to the consumer) and if the 2 devices are used for different streaming services, it could be the service that is having the problem.

Michael1984
Advocate

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Michael1984 

To echo what @RoyB says, are you ware you are replying to a thread from September last year?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Michael1984
Advocate

@Chloe22 

@Chloe22

i recommend doing a system reset…worked for me..

RoyB
Legend

@Michael1984 

Did you notice the timestamp on that post?