cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

changed ISP but dont have the original remote

Hi,

I changed ISP today from talktalk to sky, however i cant access my box as i dont have the original remote control that came with my box. (I use an app on my mobile, the wi fi has been changed on it now)

So how do I change wifi details???

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can buy replacement remotes from the Sky Accessory shop for only £4. However you might be able to pull it off without by turning back on the old router (doesn't need to be connected to the phone line). Make sure your mobile is connected to the TalkTalk Wifi point and the NOW TV box should also connect to it. Then using the phone as a remote pick your Sky router in the wifi options and set the password.

At this point hopefully the box will then be online and you'll then need to switch back to the Sky Wifi on your phone to finish off.

You can then turn off the TalkTalk router.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User you can buy replacement remotes from the Sky Accessory shop for only £4. However you might be able to pull it off without by turning back on the old router (doesn't need to be connected to the phone line). Make sure your mobile is connected to the TalkTalk Wifi point and the NOW TV box should also connect to it. Then using the phone as a remote pick your Sky router in the wifi options and set the password.

At this point hopefully the box will then be online and you'll then need to switch back to the Sky Wifi on your phone to finish off.

You can then turn off the TalkTalk router.

Thanks @Anonymous User You taught me something new about now TV/Roku boxes. Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can get a remote from the sky accessories store. You should be able to use your now TV account details to login to the store and order a remote

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/white-now-tv-box-remote-control?section=now-tv&category=all

As far as I'm aware Wi-Fi details can only be entered using the remote, so this is your only real option.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

EDIT:

Also see @Anonymous User's reply above, we both pretty much said exactly the same thing.It's spooky how that always happens Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.