cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote Control

My remote works fine for about half an hour or so but then it will only work if you are stood above the box pointing it down and stood just a couple of inches away...please can anybody help as this is very frustrating having to get up to use it...THANK YOU

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

If it is a black NOW TV box try turning the box clockwise about 45 degrees as the IR sensor is right on the corner and a few peopl find it difficult to get good line of sight. 

I'm guessing you've tried new batteries, so it may be the remote that is faulty (try a good hard tap on the side as some people have reported that working, no idea why though and at your own risk!)

You can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

If your box is still under warranty (12 months) you can return it to the store you bought it from or, if you bought direct from the NOW TV website go here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

Also  if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box via wifi (either as a replacement for your remote or while you are waiting for a new one).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy...will try moving it first and tapping it...but it's easier to buy a new remote rather than having the hassle of returning it to Amazon...thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you regularly buy entertainment or movies passes the alternative is to grab a new box with 3 months entertainment or 2 months movies for £20 which makes the box (keep it for spare) and remote free after you factor in the price of the passes on their own. Amazon, Currys and Argos are all selling at that price at the mo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Tried replacing the batteies several times. It happens when the box dosplays a message or when I am entering a PIN number. I have to put the remote right next to the box to complete whatever I'm doing. Then if i reboot the box everything goes back to normal. Sounds like a software bug to me.