cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV streaming problems

Hello

I've recently moved house and I've been having some problems with my Now TV (white) box ever since.

Most of the time I am unable to watch All4, Now TV or iPlayer. I'm able to access the apps without any problem, and on All4 I'm even able to watch the adverts once I've selected a programme, however on all of these apps the programme then fails to load, it simply times out.

The first thing I thought was that it was an internet connection issue, however the box says I have an excellent connection, and I'm able to use the YouTube app without any problem. Also, the issues don't occur all the time, as I have managed to watch some programmes, but it happens more often than not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

That's very odd.

Have you reset the Box? Have you recently changed your Internet provider? Maybe try resetting the router or move it closer to the Box. Also make sure you're not downloading/uploading anything while you watch content.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig, it may be worth checking what broadband bandwidth your getting. Also, since I've bought a SmartTV I've noticed that even running without the NowTV Box the broadband keeps dropping. This is a particular problem if your running through a BT Homehub 2.0.......BT trying to get me to upgrade Hub at my cost possibly?.....I'll let you know when the new Hub comes because if it doesn't solve the issues I'll be switching to Sky or Virgin