cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to change broadband

Hi
I hope someone is able to help. I have a nowtv box which was set up for sky but I've recently gone onto virgin. I can't get box to pick up virgin or any other networks even though my pc and other devices are working fine. I am currently using an ethernet cable as my computer has no inbuilt wifi. I am getting a wifi usb so that I can eliminate the cable and have the router near the tv. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  no that won't affect your account or pass.  It may impact your devices but chat can sort that for you.  

Press home 5 times ff 3 times then rw 2 times then select factory reset.  

So starting from "let's get started"  Did it then take you to the connect to the Internet screen.

What happened when you click set up new wifi connection?  on mine I can see both my 5 g and 2g virgin plus neighbours' wifi signals.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  when you say it can't pick up the signal.  Can you see any listed?  Or will it just not connect?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  

Thanks for responding. 

I went into network and saw the options for wireless or ethernet, and it wouldn't allow me to choose either,  just went straight into searching for networks. It was searchng for ages but didn't bring up my virgin broadband signal or any other signals in the area.  All my other devices have picked up my virgin broadband except nowtv. I read about factory reset but thought it might affect my account and my 6 month pass. btw my box is black. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  no that won't affect your account or pass.  It may impact your devices but chat can sort that for you.  

Press home 5 times ff 3 times then rw 2 times then select factory reset.  

So starting from "let's get started"  Did it then take you to the connect to the Internet screen.

What happened when you click set up new wifi connection?  on mine I can see both my 5 g and 2g virgin plus neighbours' wifi signals.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

After a few attempts I finally managed to get to factory settings have now got to the getting started menu. Thank you for your assistance.