cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 subtitles please

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just started using now tv and very disappointed that there is no subtitles. All major service providers provide subtitles for the hearing impaired and this issue has been ongoing since 2012!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just recently signed up to NOW TV and also can't believe that there is no support for subtitles. While I'm not deaf or hard of hearing myself this must surely be covered by some kind of disability discrimination laws in the UK? At work there is "reasonable adjustment"; there is absolutely no excuse here for not supporting subtitles. So far I'm really not impressed with NOW TV - looks more and more likely that I'll be cancelling my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting a very hard time for buying a service with no sub titles as my wife is hard of hearing 😞

Can it really be that difficuly? The one's on iPlayer and Netflix are superb.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

There are commercial advantages to having subtitles.  Not least of which is that the ability to turn subtitles on and off as needed would give Now TV the edge over pirate sites.

I expect that subtitles will be introduced eventually.  But it may well require prices to go up.  I wonder how much of a price rise people would accept in order to get subtitles?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a new customer and when i was about to watch the first film, i was disappointed with the fact that there are NO subtitles.

It has put me off from using your service until it is sorted out. I am hearing impaired and subtitles are essential for me and other people like myself.

So please enable this as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new suscriber- well trying it out with a free month.

I can pretty well say that I WON'T be subscribing beyond the free month due to the lack of a subtitle facility.

Quite frankly in this day and age there is absolutely no excuse for this.

I wear two hearing aids and use subtitles all the time on Terrestrial TV and when watching DVD/Blu Ray.

I also use Netflix who provide this service.

In fact this might be discriminatory and I will be speaking to my equalities lead officer colleague at work about this.

There is no excuse. Get it sorted. You are SO behind the times.

Divvey

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 years of requests and still no subtitles?

This isn't just a technical issue (since Sky Movies tended to have subtitles, and almost every other online provider uses subtitles in the majority of their programming)... this is simply an issue of how much Sky can get away with not making an effort to maximise it's profits.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Subtitles are not a luxury they are a necessity for many deaf or partially deaf people. I support the rights of disabled people to be treated as equals and not discriminated against. Please sort this out as a priority. Also many parents like myself need to have the volume on low so we don't disrupt our children's sleep and can easily hear the baby monitor. I always use subtitles at night and was very disappointed to find out you don't have them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a deaf brother-in-law and imaging how awful it must be for him to be excluded from watching this service .... This has to be implemented urgently!