cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user70832

OUTRAGEOUS SHOWING ADVERTS!!!

I am PAYING to use NowTV and you STILL show adverts? What kind of company does this? If they're doing this to get more income because of not enough customers, this is totally the wrong way to go! I'll be cancelling and leaving bad reviews. Totally unacceptable. 

18 REPLIES 18
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@user70832 

Great another thread on adverts.................😐 it has been utterly discussed/moaned to death since it's inclusion a couple years ago. 

All the big streaming services are throwing adverts at us and to pay extra to get rid of them.

• Disney+ ad tier coming at the end of the year
  • Netflix already has an ad tier
  • Amazon bringing theirs next year
  • Discovery+ has ads and you can't even get rid of them 😡
  • Paramount+ has already shown their full intention to give us an ad tier

Do we like them, of course not. They are here to stay though.

To get rid of third party adverts from on demand content you need to take out boost.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

This will NOT remove the trailers for NOW/Sky content. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@user70832 

News to me. There are adverts? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
timtwisters
Advocate

I think the price with ads for NOW is comparable to the cost without ads for other services. It’s a joke really to pay and then sit through adverts. I also think it’s fine for people to complain rather than accept the level of greed we’re subjected to. I’ll be cancelling once I’ve finished watching the show I subscribed for.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@timtwisters 

For full price memberships I agree completely, however when I am paying a combined price of £11 for cinema, entertainment and boost I am not complaining too much.

RoyB
Legend

@timtwisters 

Just so long as the people who are complaining realise they are merely preaching to the choir.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulJon

@user70832  Agree 100%. I’ve just cancelled because of this.

lol at the nowtv forum shills replying on here

RoyB
Legend

@PaulJon 

I’ll know you have put your money where your mouth is when you actually quit, and turn into Anonymous User, like all the other people who have complained about ads on Now, in this and other threads.

Oh, wait…..

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PaulJon 

You do know that adverts will NEVER be removed from base packages ever again?

Disney+, Netflix and Amazon Prime have all followed suite.

Paramount+ is adding them later this year.

Do we want them, of course not! But pay boost and no more on demand adverts......

Thanks for calling @RoyB and myself "shills" 🙄

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

I guess they can’t handle the truth….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvypKtPhRU0