cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A potential Premier League decider at Anfield is undoubtedly the highlight of the weekend amongst a trio of live Sky Sports matches. Fantasy Football managers get the opportunity to call in on all the top four, as the title race intensifies over the home straight.

Sunday’s lunchtime kick-off on Merseyside is a lip-smacking prospect, littered with goal scoring threats and playmaking midfielders. With the likes of Luis Suarez (£9.9m), Daniel Sturridge (£9.2m) and Sergio Aguero (£9.8m) on show, the goals and Fantasy points will surely flow in an encounter that could go a long way to deciding the destination of the title. The strikers will undoubtedly be the focus for Fantasy talent, although David Silva (£8.4m) and Samir Nasri (£6.3m) provide plenty of creativity and attacking impetus for the visitors, while Steven Gerrard’s (£8.1m) prowess from set-plays could well be a crucial factor.

Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez - joint player of the month for March, will look to boost Liverpool's title hopes

Our attention on Sunday then switches to South Wales, as struggling Swansea host Chelsea, with Jose Mourinho’s side shelving their Champions League ambitions to concentrate back on domestic matters. Despite defeat at Selhurst Park last time out, the Blues will approach the Liberty visit with some confidence following the midweek victory over PSG. With Eden Hazard struggling with a calf problem, Andre Schurrle (£8.0m) and Mo Salah are likely to be charged with providing the goal threat from midfield, with the Egyptian priced at just £7.1m and offering some potential for those looking for a short-term punt. Swansea are desperately seeking to keep themselves off the Premier League trapdoor and will look to Michu (£8.8m) and Wilfried Bony (£8.0m) to provide a cutting edge, although I’m backing the Chelsea rearguard to hold firm, with Mourinho’s side grinding out another valuable three points.

With Arsenal in FA Cup semi-final action this weekend, their Premier League encounter slips to Tuesday night with the Sky Sports cameras paying visit on their clash with West Ham. The Gunners suffered a punishing blow with a 3-0 defeat at Goodison last weekend and will look to cling to fourth spot with a victory over the Hammers. Aaron Ramsey’s return to the throng could prove crucial over the run-in: the £5.8m midfielder fired eight league goals and six assist prior to injury and provides Fantasy managers with a new option for the closing Gameweeks. The visitors are without a clean sheet in seven league outings and I can’t see anything but a home win and return to form for Arsene Wenger’s men, with Ramsey set to be a pivotal figure.

Aaron Ramsey is back from injury, can he fire Arsenal back into form?

While the Welshman is a temptation for my pick of the week, I’ll go with David Silva as the man to watch. The Spaniard is reportedly carrying an ongoing ankle problem but has played through the pain and put in some sparkling displays in recent weeks. I’m backing City to sneak Sunday’s Anfield showdown, with Silva’s almost telepathic link with Aguero proving decisive.