cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emmac7
Advocate

Charged twice

Hello,

I have been charged twice (once the 8th april & the 13th April), what can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Emmac7 

For a start tell us what you have been charged for (Broadband or streaming, and if streaming what membership(s), and how much each amount is.

My crystal ball is away getting a regun 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Emmac7
Advocate

@RoyB 

I have the NOW cinema, I signed up for the 3 months of £1 on March 13th, I then got charged £1 on April the 13th and then they tried to charge £6 on the 14th, 15th & 16th (but my card declined it as I have a set amount of money in there to pay off my direct debits), and am now getting emails to say the payment hasn’t gone through when the £1 has.

RoyB
Legend

@Emmac7 

Ah yes, the offer of Cinema will have come with a free trial of Boost, which will have appeared on the authorisation you accepted with a tiny grey ‘Remove’, and when you didn’t remove it, will have given you the week’s free trial of Boost. Which, when you didn’t notice it was there and cancel within that week, will have turned into a paid subscription.

But attempting to charge you in this way is contrary to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Reply to Now reminding them of this.

For most people caught by this, the payment will have been collected, and it will have been a question of getting this refunded. You, however, have been smart enough not to allow the payment, so it is just a question of getting Now to agree that no such payment is due, and to stop harassing you for it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.