cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

watching on TV

Ive just bought a weekly pass to watch The Open on my TV - Im a BT freeview customer, how do I access Now TV to begin to watch the golf later today,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are trying to watch via the BT YouView box then unfortunately the NowTV sports pass will not work.

Due to the licencing rights restrictions on the YouView platform you can only watch movies via the NowTV app on the BT YouView box.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately only the movie pass can be watched on BT YouView boxes , not entertainment or sports.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If you do have another compatible device such as a games console, Roku, Chromecast etc that you want to set up, you can find more details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are trying to watch via the BT YouView box then unfortunately the NowTV sports pass will not work.

Due to the licencing rights restrictions on the YouView platform you can only watch movies via the NowTV app on the BT YouView box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had problems today trying to access Now TV, to watch the Open Golf on Sky. in the end I had to phone BT customer services and they switched on my Smart settings as by law we have to ask them to do this! News to me, but it worked and I am now watching the golf. This should solve your problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User is using a BT Youview box connected to the TV where the inbuilt Now TV app will not be able to play any NowTV sports due to the restrictions under the YouView license agreement (on the YouView platform you will only be able to watch the on demand movies only).

The BT smart setup feature is relating to the BT Homehub Routers and Not the BT YouView TV box.

I am guessing you are watching the Open Golf via your NowTV sports pass on a different NowTV playback device and not a YouView type box.

Out of interest what device are you watching the Golf on ?

Hopefully terrya has got another NowTV device rather than the YouView box to watch the Golf. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

watching on a NowTV (powered by Sky) box

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks, that would make sense with your set up. Smiley Happy

The NowTV set top boxes play fine with the NowTV Sports, Entertainment, Movies and Kids Passes, it's the YouView boxes that are restricted to on demand movies only unfortunately due to licensing issues. Smiley Sad

Glad that BT sorted your problem out and hopefully you are enjoying the Golf. Smiley Very Happy