cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Laptop won't let me watch anything on here

Hi, I have a new (rubbish) laptop and it won't let me watch anything on here. It lets me browse all the films and when I want to watch one it says 'Internet explorer has stopped working' after I click play. I have don't understand why. If I could return this thing I would because it is the worlds slowest laptop. If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful. Thank you. Worlds worse laptop is an Asus X553S in case you needed that info. It has windows 10 and is so slow that sometimes the people on youtube sound like they have been slowed down to about 0.01 rpm 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, I have a new (rubbish) laptop and it won't let me watch anything on here. It lets me browse all the films and when I want to watch one it says 'Internet explorer has stopped working' after I click play. I have don't understand why. If I could return this thing I would because it is the worlds slowest laptop. If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful. Thank you. Worlds worse laptop is an Asus X553S in case you needed that info. It has windows 10 and is so slow that sometimes the people on youtube sound like they have been slowed down to about 0.01 rpm 😞

Sarahe

The best way to watch NowTV on either a windows 10 laptop or tablet, would be go to to the Microsoft Apps Store, Now TV have a dedicated App there.

Have you tried downloading the App ?

The NowTV app works fine on my windows 10 tablet and i can't see no reason why it should work on your windows 10 laptop.

Might be worth a try.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sarahe

The best way to watch NowTV on either a windows 10 laptop or tablet, would be go to to the Microsoft Apps Store, Now TV have a dedicated App there.

Have you tried downloading the App ?

The NowTV app works fine on my windows 10 tablet and i can't see no reason why it should work on your windows 10 laptop.

Might be worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for your reply, I am saying I have windows 10 but I am not even sure now! Because this site is saying my browser is old and I can upgrade to windows 11? Surely I can't have windows 7? Do they even make laptops with that on anymore? Perhaps I should try and download that first? My old laptop worked fine with it. I am also going to go to the apps store, thank you!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, thanks for your reply, I am saying I have windows 10 but I am not even sure now! Because this site is saying my browser is old and I can upgrade to windows 11? Surely I can't have windows 7? Do they even make laptops with that on anymore? Perhaps I should try and download that first? My old laptop worked fine with it. I am also going to go to the apps store, thank you!

Sarahe

If you go into the Windows Administrative Tools, there should be an option for Windows System Information, where it should tell you if you have windows 10 installed on your Laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps You are my hero!  The app worked and I can now watch everything!  Thank you so much.

Oh and I have windows 10 🙂