cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disabled-Bea
Scholar

have Hitachi smart tv - password not recognised? Am using the password provided for wireless router

Hi, Internet connection sorted on phone this morning and now trying to get Hitachi tv set up -keep getting incorrect password message...advice please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Disabled-Bea @gavs82008 

Double-check that the password you are typing into the Hitachi is exactly the same as shown on the router label, case sensitive (aBc must be typed as aBc, not ABC or abc, nor any other case combinations, distinguish 0 and O, 1 and l, and so on).

If you can use WPS (a setting in the Hitachi connection, a button on the router), use that,

If still no go, Factory Reset the router and try again.

If no go even then, call Now Broadband after 8am tomorrow, on the number you have been given, and ask them to check it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Disabled-Bea 

Are you able to connect the TV via Ethernet (cable)?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Disabled-Bea
Scholar

what is an ethernet cable?  Also my phone is now not working ..its plugged into the split master microfilter...can't get thru on phoneline..so frustrating as now my sky box doesn't allow me view lots of channels despite me paying until Sep!!

Disabled-Bea
Scholar

Sorry the Ethernet cable does not reach the TV ...

RoyB
Legend

@Disabled-Bea @gavs82008 

Double-check that the password you are typing into the Hitachi is exactly the same as shown on the router label, case sensitive (aBc must be typed as aBc, not ABC or abc, nor any other case combinations, distinguish 0 and O, 1 and l, and so on).

If you can use WPS (a setting in the Hitachi connection, a button on the router), use that,

If still no go, Factory Reset the router and try again.

If no go even then, call Now Broadband after 8am tomorrow, on the number you have been given, and ask them to check it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Disabled-Bea
Scholar

The letter capital I looks to me as a number 1... this was the problem...am visually impaired so would appreciate NOW enlarging the fonts on equipment and cards..