Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Watch NOW from your browser

Hi everyone,

We have some great news to share! From today you can stream all our brilliant content directly from your web browser – you’ll no longer need to use the NOW Player to watch on your PC or Mac. Find out more about all the different ways to watch here

SimonJ_0-1687960053644.png

Thanks

Simon

40 REPLIES 40
redchiz1
Champion 2

Wow, that is good news indeed!  🙂

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Is this still capped at 720p25 or will the quality availability increase? 

petecc
Scholar 2

Seconded. Has this been fixed or are NOW still ripping off boost customers?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Do any streaming services support a higher resolution for browser playback, or the browser itself? I am sure Chrome doesn't support higher, perhaps other browsers do?

redchiz1
Champion 2

I feel obliged to add a further comment. I am happily sitting in my kitchen at the moment, smoking a cigar (I know) and sipping a beer. With the cricket on my iPad and the F1 (currently muted) happily playing in a separate browser window on my MacBook. Happy days, quantum leap stuff. It really is great when NOW get something right.  🙂

corders
Mentor

So finally you go back to the way it used to work years ago and sell it as if it's some major new breakthrough despite every other streaming service running through web browsers for years?! 

redchiz1
Champion 2

So much negativity! I presume the early iteration was still using Flash player? If anybody remembers that with any fondness. 

bacillus
Expert

wasn't it microsoft silverlight?

RoyB
Legend

@corders wrote:

So finally you go back to the way it used to work years ago and sell it as if it's some major new breakthrough despite every other streaming service running through web browsers for years?! 

@corders 

I’m not entirely sure that’s correct.

Here’s what Netflix say:-

“Watch anywhere, anytime. Sign in with your Netflix account to watch instantly on the web at netflix.com from your personal computer or on any internet-connected device that offers the Netflix app, including smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, streaming media players and game consoles”.

(My emphasis).

So while it’s rather more seamless than Now ever made it, the browser hands you off to an actual Netflix app, just as Now used to hand you off to a separate Player on Windows and Mac.

I can’t test this, as I am not a subscriber at the moment; but you can check it by deleting the Netflix app off a device, and seeing if it can run purely in the browser or not, like Now now can,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.