cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJ
Mentor

iPhone w/ US ID will not allow app download.

I’m in the UK using an IPhone with an  US based Apple ID.   I signed up on the computer using my UK credit card, but now I am not able to watch on my phone.  The app download is not available and I’m being blocked from watching it on my browser.  
what do I do to watch on my phone  without it being a full blown hassle?   

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@PJ 

It may not be the Apple ID that is the sticking point here, though a US ID will likely block you from the UK AppStore. (I have had that problem, but in reverse). But this would be something you need to take up with Apple, not with Now.

Re the browser, though, Now won’t work on non-UK devices. Is this a UK or US model iPhone?  

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PJ
Mentor

Thank you for responding.  Same problem with banking apps.  I do believe the app creator can choose worldwide or designation by country options.  I can see why NOW would choose only the UK since licensing is country specific. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PJ 

What happens if you change your Apple ID to the UK store?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
PJ
Mentor

Thanks, I did consider this, but since I've done so in the way past, I know I'd have to give up all the music and movie purchases unless I reverted back to the old ID.  It's a bit of a pain.