cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW App just landed on Hisense Vidaa Smart TV platform

Just went on the Vidaa Apps Store on my 2021 Hisense Smart TV and noticed the NOW App which is great news.

Going to check later if the NOW App is also available on my 2020 Hisense Vidaa Smart TV.

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like you need to be running Vidaa version 6 which my 2021 Hisense OLED does.

Unfortunately my other Hisense Smart TV from 2020 is running Vidaa version 4 or 5.

Screenshot_20231214-194345_Samsung Internet.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Bitterly disappointed to find that the NOW App when watching live Sky Sports on the Hisense Vidda version 6 Smart TV with the NOW App is streaming 1080p 25fps with Boost 😡

For me without 50fps it's a pointless App to use when watching live Sky Sports (like LG Smart TV and Xbox).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The native NOW App on my Hisense Vidaa OS6 Smart TV has been upgraded in the last 24 hours, where watching NOW Sky Sports with my Boost Membership the frame rate has now been upped to 50fps which is great news and the picture looks really good including its motion which is important when watching Sports 😄😄😄.

Edit - Just gone through all eleven Sky Sports channels and not all are playing 50fps 😭.

Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports News are 50fps.

Where Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League, Football and NFL for some reason are 25fps 😭.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Something weird is going on with the Hisense Vidaa NOW App with regards to Sports.

Where Sky Sports Main Event and NFL is now playing back at 50fps, where Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football are still 25fps (even if I stay on the channel for a couple of minutes).

Hopefully the remaining two Sky Sports channels will get 50fps on the Hisense Vidaa NOW App with Boost (unless NOW are slowly working through the Sky Sports channels for 50fps on Hisense Vidda NOW App and I picked this up while NOW are in the process of the changeover / update).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is something definitely weird going on with 50fps when watching Sky Sports on the NOW App with my Hisense Vidaa Smart TV.

Sky Sports Football is now 50fps where Sky F1 and NFL channels are both outputting 25fps.

No problems with the internet and the Hisense is connected over Ethernet.

Going to give it a couple of days to see if things settle down and will also try reconnecting the Ethernet cable in the next day or so (hopefully it's just glitches with the NOW App on Hisense Vidaa platform).

On a plus note when I do get 50fps on the Sky Sports channels, there is no obvious camaflouge picture artefacts which I get with my Google Chromecast 4K TV when watching live Sky Sports.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Any other NOW community forum members who are using the NOW App on the Hisense Vidaa Smart version U6 having 50fps playback when watching live Sky Sports with their Boost Membership.

For me it is hit or miss if I get 50fps or 25fps when watching live Sky Sports (when it's 50fps the PQ and motion is excellent with the Hisense NOW App on my Hisense OLED TV).

Just curious if it's just me or anybody else experiencing the same annoying glitch with 50fps playback for live Sky Sports on the 11 Sky Sports TV channels ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anybody?

Or is it only me seeing the 50fps glitch when watching live Sky Sports with a Boost Membership when using Vidaa U6 OS version on my Hisense Vidaa smart TV.

TheGreat208
Advocate

Yes I get that on my Hisense 40A4KTUK - very hit and miss. Not sure what Vidaa OS version it uses.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TheGreat208 

So it's not only me then.

This glitch is so frustrating for me, where I can spot 25fps a mile away for live sports and spoils my viewing pleasure big time when watching sports on the native Hisense NOW App with my paid Boost Membership.

For me the Hisense NOW App doesn't introduce the annoying camouflage picture artefacts that I can clearly see on live content when watching the NOW App on my Chromecast Google TV device.

Thanks for your time replying on this subject matter.