cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Broadband ... waiting

So I received my NowTV hub, and as instructed I have not plugged it in yet.  

Just wondering what will happen if I do, will the internet spontaneously implode, or will I just have no internet until my go live date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

image.png

Luckily for all of us the Internet will not implode if you plug the hub in early, it will just do nothing (although with a new line you might be lucky and get connected a day or so early). However if you currently have broadband on the line with another provider then the Hub won't connect to that, so keep your current router connected until switchover date to ensure any disruption to your connection is kept to a minimum.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

image.png

Luckily for all of us the Internet will not implode if you plug the hub in early, it will just do nothing (although with a new line you might be lucky and get connected a day or so early). However if you currently have broadband on the line with another provider then the Hub won't connect to that, so keep your current router connected until switchover date to ensure any disruption to your connection is kept to a minimum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank goodness for that. I felt I had the power of the world at my fingertips 😉

Currently in a new home and a new line, so will take the risk and plug it in hoping broadband will come a little early for me...

Don't say I didn't warn you if the internet goes offline perminantly after tonight 😄
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for the warning - I've stockpiled bottled water and tins of beans in my emergency bunker just in case! Good luck! 😉