cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband service status - "unable to check service'

Been having major internet issues since about10pm last night. Kept getting disconnected and reconnected every other minute. Reset the box as I normally would - no change. Almost nothing was working except team speak, as VOIP program, which was showing me to have 1600+ ping and 48% packet loss. I did we troubleshooting and flushed the DNS. Everything went crystal clear for about 10 minutes then crapped out again. I then was advised by a friend to do a networking reset via the windows 10 troubleshooter, and since then I have been 100% unable to connect again. Not sure if that worsened it or was a coincidence. The lights on the modem are on. However no device, PC, phones etc, can connect in the slightest. It simply say a there is no connection. The service status on now TV website states it is unable to check the service. I have already tried many solutions found through google and nothing seems to help. An engineer would be appreciated. Starting to believe it is a hardware issue. Possibly a faulty modem? Any help would be appreciated as it has been down 15 hours already.
4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you given the Combo Team a call? That would be the quickest way to get the ball rolling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't, yet. I will do tonight when I can (5-6pm) although I worry that will be too late to sort an engineer out. I admit I was naive and hoped it would have sorted itself out by the morning as it has in the past.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team just in case there's anything he can do for you on here this afternoon, but it might be that you need to give the team a ring anyway. Hope you get sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Based on what you've said we would need to run a line test however we cannot do that without you on the phone given permission to do so. When you can contact the Combo team over the phone and they will go through troubleshoot ing with you. There would be no way for an engineer to come out today if one is needed however if there is one needed the team will go through the best available times for one to arrive if they need to visit your property.

Cheers

Eddie