cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Suddenly tonight my NOWSTICK is asking to take out subscription

I have Entertainment Membership [paid monthly] but tonight screen is showing I have no membership at all. Rebooted but no difference.

Signed out on TV, and logged in again, but still no memberships showing.

Signing in on laptop shows my Entertainment membership; any suggestions as to how I fix?

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Geluk looking at a few of the other posts from yesterday, it looks like the updated app was rolled out to Now devices. Try going to settings and see if an update is available to download and install.

Geluk
Expert 2

Have also powered up my old NOWTV box [3" square]; let's me log in ok, and like the stick shows my WATCHLIST etc; however, clicking any programme tells me to take out membership, that I have NO CONTRACT?

membership R.jpg

Geluk
Expert 2

Additionally though I'm logged in, it now does not offer an option to update s/ware, on my stick or 2 earlier NOWTV smart boxes. Something amiss at NOWTV's servers it seems.

Geluk
Expert 2

SOLUTION:

I now find last card payment rejected, as I received new card from bank; obviously CVV code + expiry date have changed; no e mail from NOWTV warning about issue 😞 New card details now input.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Geluk 

As a quick test do you have a Mobile phone with internet data ?

If so try the NOW App first through your home wifi Network.

Should it also say like your NOW Stick and NOW Box to buy a Membership then try the phone on the NOW App over your mobile data bypassing your home wifi Network.

If it then plays without any problems you could have an IP address on your Router that is not recognised inside the UK (seen this happen before).

Then try your NOW Stick with a wifi hotspot with your phone mobile data and again if it works it points to the IP address on the Router.

Then I would try unplugging the power to your Router for 20 to 30 minutes to let it automatically acquire a new IP address, then try your Stick and Box again over your home wifi Network.

Geluk
Expert 2

NOW advise they don't advise when payment method fails, which seems odd to me; most companies in my experience will. Cust Service advises that as payment failed [only yesterday], that my Entertainment subscription is cancelled 😞 As I was on promo price, not keen to only being offered full price of £9.99! However, they're now offering me 6 mth deal, which I hope can get implemented tomorrow.