cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick does not recognise my TV brand

I am trying to install the new stick I was sent but it is asking for my TV brand and says it does not recognise my Tesco TV. Have been using it on my account for years. 

Can other members or Now Support please help. I am beyond frustrated that I am paying for a service I can’t recive

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Aren't the Tesco brand televisions called Technika ?

If under the direct manufacturers option list there is no Technika then try Sharp, Bush, Alba, Goodmans, Blaupunkt or a number of other different brands made under UMC who make the television i believe for Tesco's.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/arts-and-culture/never-mind-badge-front-who-really-made-your-tv-set-869393 

A couple of people on the forum also mentioned that they used Medion from the list has an alternative name to their television (but not sure if that relates to Technika or a different brand).

Hopefully another Technika TV owner on the Forum can help you further.

The television feature is only relating to the on/off TV standby button and volume adjust buttons on the Stick smart remote, where you should be able to try a manual code by going through the steps on screen or skip this procedure, where the Stick should still work (minus the two buttons that don't feature on the older NowTV boxes).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Yvonne

May I suggest you buy a Roku streaming device, it's more expensive than the Now TV's offering but has more facilities and function and is 100% compatible, just remember to register your Roku device on the Roku.com website before signing into Now TV.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Aren't the Tesco brand televisions called Technika ?

If under the direct manufacturers option list there is no Technika then try Sharp, Bush, Alba, Goodmans, Blaupunkt or a number of other different brands made under UMC who make the television i believe for Tesco's.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/arts-and-culture/never-mind-badge-front-who-really-made-your-tv-set-869393 

A couple of people on the forum also mentioned that they used Medion from the list has an alternative name to their television (but not sure if that relates to Technika or a different brand).

Hopefully another Technika TV owner on the Forum can help you further.

The television feature is only relating to the on/off TV standby button and volume adjust buttons on the Stick smart remote, where you should be able to try a manual code by going through the steps on screen or skip this procedure, where the Stick should still work (minus the two buttons that don't feature on the older NowTV boxes).