cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv dongle getting hot and constant resets

Is anyone else having a problem with their dongle? I received an email saying I needed to get the dongle as the boxes would no longer be supporting updates. Since I’ve had the stick (October 2020) it interferes with my freeview setting if plugged in, gets really hot, and now most annoyingly my remote doesn’t seem to be working properly! The play and pause button decided to stop working, as well as the volume buttons. Have reset twice as it wasn’t working at all and managed to get the use of the back and home button back, changed batteries etc and followed all the rules! I never had any of these issues with the box and this is a new issue with the remote after two months!

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

How do you power the Now TV stick?

Have you got it permanently plugged into a socket via USB adapter with the power always on? 

What I noticed is that it operates far better when powered via the USB port on the TV. That way it powers off when the TV is switched off. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh! I didn’t realise you could do that! That’s a great idea I’ll have a go at that as well! Currently reset the entire thing so hopefully that will do the trick with the remote thanks so much though that’s a great idea!