cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missmouse
Advocate

Now TV app requested new update software in y tv

Turned on my TV and the Now App keeps requesting to update the software going to setting and select update now.. every looks fine 100% updating 

The TV is not downloading the updated app ... its been 3 days .. same thing .. roku stick works fine i think 

now sure what to do .. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @missmouse 

It might be a glitch / bug where a couple of people have noted this update message.

What happens if you force an update via the secret menu by following step 6 on this link below.

Update the software even if it shows the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @missmouse 

It might be a glitch / bug where a couple of people have noted this update message.

What happens if you force an update via the secret menu by following step 6 on this link below.

Update the software even if it shows the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

missmouse
Advocate

Hello thanks for the message .. Step 6 done .. 100% the app in my tv still not working .. should a buy a new roku stick ??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @missmouse 

Is it the App on your NOW Stick or NOW Box ?

Or is it a native NOW App directly from your Smart TV? 

If it's the NOW App directly on your Smart TV, then what is the make and model of the TV ?

Should it be a NOW Stick or NOW Box you could try a factory reset.

I would only recommend a factory reset on either a NOW Stick or NOW Box if you currently have an active NOW Membership subscription and the NOW remote is working and you are not using your phone or tablet has a replacement remote with the Roku remote App.

I would hold fire on getting a new replacement Roku at the moment, where somebody might know how to fix your problem.

RoyB
Legend

@missmouse 

I did this update this morning, at the request of Now, albeit that it was on a Stick.

When it got to the point where it looked like it had finished I was busy with something else, so I left it for a bit before trying to use it.

I’m glad I did, because after about 30 seconds of apparent inactivity, it fired itself up again, and did a second stage 0-100%, installing, I think. After which it was fine.

Did you leave yours long enough to go through both stages?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.