I am enquiring if any of you subscribe to now TV through Amazon fire stick

And if it's worth getting, and if you are getting any technical issues with it 

Yours Kindly Andy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy52 

I use an Amazon Fire Stick 4K and no problems for me.

One thing I don't particularly like with the Amazon Fire Stick is the auto frame matching doesn't work with NOW App plus the majority of other Apps including Netflix, Disney Plus etc.

So when watching NOW or Terrestrial UK Apps such has BBC iPlayer etc you have to force 50Hz playback in the Fire Stick Display settings (otherwise you might see 60Hz stutter with UK source content)

Also I would personally subscribe to NOW direct rather than adding NOW to a Amazon account where NOW tend to offer discounts (especially retention discounts when you cancel their TV Memberships).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy52 

I use an Amazon Fire Stick 4K and no problems for me.

One thing I don't particularly like with the Amazon Fire Stick is the auto frame matching doesn't work with NOW App plus the majority of other Apps including Netflix, Disney Plus etc.

So when watching NOW or Terrestrial UK Apps such has BBC iPlayer etc you have to force 50Hz playback in the Fire Stick Display settings (otherwise you might see 60Hz stutter with UK source content)

Also I would personally subscribe to NOW direct rather than adding NOW to a Amazon account where NOW tend to offer discounts (especially retention discounts when you cancel their TV Memberships).

Andy52
Scholar

@schnapps 

Many thanks for your reply

I was looking in to alternatives as now TV doesn't work on my LG Smart TV lots of us are having ongoing technical issues as well, may be the case I get another smart TV through a different brand 

I

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy52 

Yeah there has been loads of reports on the NOW forum and Twitter that there is a current problem with certain LG Smart TV's when watching live NOW content.

NOW Twitter reckon they are in the process of fixing this bug.

If you are desperate and can't wait any longer for NOW to fix the problem, then look at either the Amazon Fire Stick or perhaps a Roku player (I own both).

This will also be useful has a backup player in the future if anything goes wrong with the NOW App on the LG Smart TV.

Also sometimes you find that Fire Sticks and Roku's will have more future App update support than for example older Smart TV's (though this is not the case all of the time).

Personally I wouldn't upgrade my TV on the back of either a broken App or unsupported App and look at an external streaming device such has a Fire Stick or Roku has an example (especially if you are happy with the size and picture quality of your existing TV).