cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tothbros
Scholar 2

latest update a huge improvement

i have the now tv smart box with the pink logo (no freeview) and after the latest update, i noticed a huge improvement, operation is much, much faster, everything works so much smoother! tbh i stopped using this a while ago, because the sluggishness became really annoying. but now its actually my favourite now device again.

also a big improvement that it works more like a roku box now with the normal roku home screen, instead of the now home screen, as before.

i dont know why sky stopped making/selling now devices

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

That's good to hear, where I will have to dust the cobwebs off my NOW 4K Pink Smart Box to try out.

Out of curiosity did you ever resolve the sound out of sync issues you had ?

tothbros
Scholar 2

hi 🙂

the sync issues were mostly resolved with these latest updates to both roku and now boxes. not always perfect, i still hear some audio delays on live channels here and there, but not like before.

one thing for sure, this problem, i found it wasnt device related. when its good, its good, when its bad, no matter what i do in settings (audio settings and such) makes no difference.

i know other people had different type of sync issues that could be resolved by changing settings, but this specific one is on NOW's end. this became evident when the latest update made a big difference in fixing this

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

I checked out my NOW 4K (Pink) Smart box last night and can also confirm that it's much more snappier since the latest software update.

Like you I will start using the NOW 4K Smart box again in my setup, where I do like the Auto Adjust Adpative Frame Rate feature when using Apps such has NOW, YouTube, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus (same feature has my Roku Stick Plus).

Another bonus using the NOW Box is that I can use it over Ethernet 😁.