cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Boxes no longer connect to internet

• Hi all. I've had a black NOW TV Box for ages that has worked no problem up until last week. Watched iplayer no problem last sunday (20 Nov). My son got another new box and tried to connect it on tuesday. Would connect to wireless/network (2 green ticks) but wouldn't connect to internet (red cross). Plugged old box back in and it wouldn't reconnect. Again stops at internet and error009. Connect via ethernet. Still won't connect. Router has been reset multiple times. Been in all the secret menus. Disabled Pings. Daft thing is I've been into secret menu on the brand new box and forced software update - it updates no problems and I also see the advert for sky sports Huddersfield Wigan live (on now) so it must have connected to the internet to force the update. My modem/router is Tp-Link W9980.

As I said the old box has been working fine. Haven't changed anything on the router. Checked the Clientlist and DHCP allocation and DISCOVER, OFFER, REQUEST, ACK MAC and ip address all match (NOW TV BOX to Router Clientlist). As the box works at a friends place and we both have the same ISP I can only assume that the Router is blocking the internet access for some reason but I'm a bit reluctant to do a full hard factory reset on the router as took a lot of setting up

All other clients have not problem connecting to internet (Panasonic, Sony Tvs, PS3, iphones, ipads, chromecast, Siemens VOIP modem telephone)

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It definitely sounds like something within your routers setup is blocking the NOW TV Box from fully connecting.

Would it be possible to try changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that makes any difference ?

Also might be worthwhile connecting your NOW TV Boxes to another Internet connection, running a software update and then seeing if it will connect to your Internet after that.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Wireless channel not at fault as I've 2 separate channels and access points AND I've also connected ALL boxes directly to the Router via ethernet cable. I've also, via the secret menu, been able to force a software update on the brand new box. This is what does not make sense. How can the NOW TV Box access my internet for a software update (box was not connected directly to router so therefore must have connected over wifi) AND download  AND update and install all the latest Apps when it has failed to get an internet connection over the Network wizard. The Box connects no problem to the Network and Router. All IP addresses correctly allocated (both for Wifi and ethernet) against the MAC Addresses. So can please someone explain how the NOW TV Box "accesses" the internet connection (for forced updates) it says it doesn't have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you within the UK @Anonymous User ? Or running any VPN's on your network ?