cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sound drops in and out

Why am I paying for a service that does not function properly. This is a disgrace and a sub-standard service. I demand a refund.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed your other thread and then this and saw you had not got much responce 😞

Admittadly i do not know much about the EE boxes but most osund issues generally have a simular cause on any device.

So just some suggestions for you, and hopefully one of them may work 🙂

Firstly enusre your cables are all fitted into the sockets neatly (HDMI/Audio etc). Audio jack cables especially can sometimes get a little loose or 'dirty' which results in sound drop outs, if you have such a cable, for example on sound bar connections.

Does the EE box have it's own volume? If so try place it around 50% (half way) and then control the sound by your tv/sound bar instead. I had an issue with aYouView box once where if the sound on the box was too high my TV cut it out (persuambly as a safety mesaure) and if the sound was too low the sound bar powered down, until a loud sound was made which then switched the bar back on. (Most sound bar have this suto power feature which can cause issues if you dont have the volume levels correct on your devices).

Check your TV settings for sound related features such as 'Auto volume leveling'. I have this disabled on mine as it interferes witht he sound bar (which does this too) and basically resulted in big dips/drops in volume were things got loud.

Try reloacte your EE box. Sometimes things can intefere with the boxes (other equipment, such as routers, cordles sphones, mobiles, bluetooth devices such as sound bars etc). From what i do know of these EE boxes, they seem to be quite prone to interferance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

In addition to what @Anonymous User has suggested I'd also try switching the box off at the mains for 30s or so then on again.  If this doesn't work try resetting the box, this can usually be done on most boxes via the settings menu.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks will give this a try many thanks