cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote slow to respond/box keeps freezing

Hi, is anyone having problems re the new black Now TV box remote being slow to respond? I have reset it several times but it hasn't resolved the problem.  Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have your box on a hifi shelf or something similar? I know I have a problem with the remote needing to be pretty much straight on to the box for it to register properly, and often have to do some stretching to make sure the remote is pointing straight at it.

Others have reported no problems however so it could be an issue with reflections or obstructions. However you might want to try angling the box so that it's as near straight on as you can get it, see if that improves things.

Also, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box. Some people prefer using this to the included remote.

If things still appear slow or frozen using the Roku app the issue may be with the box rather than the remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes using the remote app has resolved the problem.  Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto - cheers!