cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Unable to log on

Logged on ok with black now tv box. Logged on ok on phone. Can't log on with white now tv box that I haven't used in over a year, and decided to use on another tv. Details not recognised. I have tried logging on with username and email address. There are no special characters in any of my details. I have tried changing the password. I have tried a hard reset. I have tried updating the software by pressing Home x 5, Fast Forward x 3, Rewind x 2 and just get a box saying No Information. Technical support useless, emailed me saying they can see a device attached to my account and is the problem fixed? They don't seem to realise that's the black box and not the secondary white box. So emailed them back reiterating the problem. Anyone got any clues whilst I wait for another reply?
3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Kel

Unless another forum member says something different, the white box has reached the end of it's useful life and not really worth bothering with, plus you had it switched off for about a year and that's usually a death knell for small electrical equipment.

You would be better off buying a new Now TV black box, I believe you can still get them for between £10 - £15 with a either a 2 or 3 month entertainment pass.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I agree with @ukbobboyIt's most likely a 'lack of memory' and processing power issue.

Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your thoughts. But I won't waste money buying another box. I expect equipment to last. I don't use now tv enough to justify the cost of another box, I occasionally pick them up if there's a cheap offer on a movies pass, so I will have boxes unplugged for months to years. If they don't fix, they can send me a new box or I'll just cancel. And then contact the bank for a refund on my credit card.