cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated picture on old white nowtv box!!!!

I have 3 white nowtv boxes, and all of them have a really terrible picture while watching movies and entertainment. I have a upgraded top speed internet connection which isnt the issue as i have previously unplugged both the box and internet to reset the connections, and that hasn't solved it. I have also replaced hdmi cables and that hasnt solved it.
Is it possible for the old white boxes to be the issue? I dont really want to spend more on replacing them all to the upgraded black ones??
What can i do?
18 REPLIES 18
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what is the quality like on some of the other apps like iPlayer? 

Is it the live channels or on demand (or both) that are bad quality?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

In order to aid escalation of this particular issue, how about moving this topic out of the forums 'NOW TV Smart Box' sub-section and into the forums dedicated NOW TV Box (white) sub-section please?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply caseyb1993.
The streaming channels like iplayer and itv etc are okay. They stream fine. But the actual stuff im paying for is horrendous! Its not a pleasure to watch anymore because the quality is that bad.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay so it's the NOW TV content causing you problems.

I've found in the past my NOW TV content pixelates when there is a temporary blip with the connection, you're sure that isn't the issue so not sure what to suggest in terms of troubleshooting.

I realise you don't want to replace your white boxes, but the black boxes are so much better all round, HD output, faster on all apps etc. I'd suggest picking one up in the sales and see if that's any better.

Argos/Amazon often do them with 6 months Entertainment passes for £19 which is a brilliant deal and maybe worth a punt?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Just realised I forgot to tag you 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous User
I think i may replace the living room NowTv box with a black one, and keep the bedroom ones white. And see how i get on with it.
Thankyou!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

In order to aid escalation of this particular issue, how about moving this topic out of the forums 'NOW TV Smart Box' sub-section and into the forums dedicated NOW TV Box (white) sub-section please?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased a now tv box today and boy WAS THAT A MISTAKE

The picture quality of this thing is utterly disgraceful and people have been reporting so for YEARS now and still it remains the same 

Regardless of what device i use pc nowtv box ps4 tablet chromecast all terrible 

This issue was reported as far back as  2013

Its now 2015 and this issue still persists 

Of course nowtv will under no cirrcumtances take the blame for this 

there quick to point the finger at you your setup your broadband or your tv

1.Not possible for it to be the tv connected via hdmi same as the other 5 devices that play HD content flawlessly so lets not insult peoples intelligence.

2.NETFLIX You should maybe think about giving them a call they will tell you how to actually operate a streaming media service. I have 4 simultaneously running devices playing HD content from the same 152MB broadband connection with no loss of quality pixilation or BUFFERING

So again dont treat me like a fool and blame my broadband provider.

3.The fault is within NOWTV's servers you clearly have underestimated the demand for your service so do not have the sufficent bandwidth to provide your customers with the service they are being charged for so rather than update your systems when in high demand you just limit the bandwidth therfore deteriating the quality of the media this is unacceptable.

Your service has been available for some time now and you have done absolultly nothing to remmedy the same fault that has been repeatedly reported to yourselves 

Im still on the free trial period of the subscription and believe me it will be promptly cancelled
This service is absolutly abysmal

I have used free streaming services that work much better than your paid service 

Its time you bite the bullet put your hands in your pockets and use all that money you have been taken off people and doing a major upgrade on your systems to provide a better broadcasting service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I agree, I thought selecton was good but the picture quality is just not up to todays standards.  I'd rather watch older content streamed in good quality such as Netflix or Amazon than have to put up with the fuzzy NOW Tv picture quality.  It may well be 720p, but there is something very wrong with the bandwidth.  I've watched better quality downloads and that's not an exagertaion.  If Sky deicide to invest the money i n the service that it should considering customers are PAYING for it, i would re-join.  When I can watch iPlayer for "free" and get far better picture quality, it's time to cancel.  I still have 3 month pass until March, but it's frustrating to watch ITV box sets that are worst quality than they were when they were on Freeview.