cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payments

payments are being taken out of my account £6.90 monthly, I want to cancel this , no passes to cancel, is this a subscription? When i bought this box I was told no subcription was needed!!! How do I cancel it altogether?

2 REPLIES 2
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

payments are being taken out of my account £6.90 monthly, I want to cancel this , no passes to cancel, is this a subscription? When i bought this box I was told no subcription was needed!!! How do I cancel it altogether?

Hi @Anonymous User

This help article might explain why you're being charged

if you do have another account, you will need to determine its username signing to it and cancel any passes that are on that account.  There is no now TV charge that amounts to £6.90 so I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant to ttype £6.99 , in which case, that would be a charge for either a sports day or entertainment pass.

If you go to the 'view my bill section' of the my account area for the account you are currently logged into. Can you see any recent charges for £6.99? If you can't see any recent charges in that section, then this charge relates to another account.

Now TV will be able to help you find the other account to contact now TV via live chat , click the link I gave you above. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click contact us and then click live chat (the use of a laptop, PC desktop PC or Mac is recommended when contacting now TV or using the my account area of the website)

I hope you get your issue resolvedSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok,  to watch the Now content you have to have a subscription-  this is on going until you cancel after a 14 day trial.   This is an ongoing subscription rather than a contract- when Now say no contract they mean you are not obligated to pay for a minimum period.   As well as this to activate the box you need an active Now Account,  this may or may not include a pass.  The usual way to activate an account is to do a free trial.  However if you have used a free trial in past on account you won't be able to again.  Free trials can be cancelled straight away.  The Now Box is designed for Now Customers to watch Now content on their TVs, the other apps such as Iplayer, Demand 5 are bonuses.   A problem that frequently occurs is that folk don't notice that the system tells them that unless they cancel at the end of the free trial they will be charged on an ongoing subscription basis.

It does seem strange that a monthly payment is coming out if you are not showing any passes when you go to "my account" and look at passes.  This would suggest either a second account was set up at one time or another or that your card details are being used by someone else.   Double check in my account that there are no passes. If there are cancel them.  Also check you payment history, it will confirm what payments are made on this account.  You should be able to check if the payment history matches your bank account.    

Either way,  you need to speak to chat to ensure this matter is fully resolved.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.