cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New box....not picking up my subscriptions

I pay monthly to get the entertainment and cinema pass on my now tv box downstairs.
I recently bought a new box and signed in using my username and password but it does not recognise I have an entertainment pass.

How can I change that?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It should recognise your passes if you've used the same username to sign in with. To double check on your old box, open up the NOW TV app and go to the My Account screen where it will show you the username you are signed in with.

Then on the new box do the same and make sure the usernames match. If they don't you can sign out and sign back in again with the right username.

If they do seem to match, sign out and back in anyway then try to watch something from the entertainment section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Until recentish NowTV box was perfect. Now I have this vile screensaver interfering which I've mentioned under that topic, see I'm not the only one.

But another problem now. I have at times benn unable to halt or go back or forward in a catchup - this was usually but not always channel 5. In such cases, you cannot stop the video! 

But now, particularly in iPlayer but sometimes elsewhere, my instructions such as halt, move forward, move back, or exit, do not work. After a bit I lose patience and press the control again, and after that doesn't work, I exit the programme and even that may not react for a minute or two.

I tried changing batteries in handset, makes no diffrence at all. I did once try rebooting. Someone suggested I shouild also reboot my router at same time - I haven't tried that yet, ie switch off router for five or 10 mins. But this interferes with anyone using wifi including my DVR. 

Why these long delays in reaction to my keying in simplest instructions via handset - pause, back, forward, exit? 

This doesn't always happen. It's intermittent.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Rosa

You asked, "Why these long delays in reaction to my keying in simplest instructions via handset - pause, back, forward, exit?".

The simple answer is that the white box is no longer powerful enough to handle it's updated operating system or modern apps.  Most modern streaming boxes now have multiple CPU's (Central Processing Units), such as the black Now TV box which has two CPU's, and lots more memory.

Unfortunately, the white box is now "so out of date" soon all it will be good for is using it as a paper weight.

You may ask why? But that's the way the Information Technology world works, most small items only have a 2 - 3 year life span, and you'll be lucky of you manage to get 5 years.

UK Bob