cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving

I've cancelled my monthly movie channels for 18th April 2016 due to moving ,will I have trouble reconnecting my nowtv box up once I've moved and will I be able to continue with movie channel again even though I've cancelled it ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've cancelled my monthly movie channels for 18th April 2016 due to moving ,will I have trouble reconnecting my nowtv box up once I've moved and will I be able to continue with movie channel again even though I've cancelled it ? 

Hi @Anonymous User 

As long as you're still living in the UK and you change your payment details (your bank should send you a new card due to change of address as a card is usually linked to an address) , then you should have no problems signing up for movies again. Just remember not delete your devices from your account because once you've moved in to your new address as long as you're using the same devices you were using before you shouldn't have any issues as the unique device fingerprints should be the same.

But as always, if you do have problems now TV will help you out Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

As long as you're still living in the UK and you change your payment details (your bank should send you a new card due to change of address as a card is usually linked to an address) , then you should have no problems signing up for movies again. Just remember not delete your devices from your account because once you've moved in to your new address as long as you're using the same devices you were using before you shouldn't have any issues as the unique device fingerprints should be the same.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

@commanda6
Thanks for the above post, never knew that if you moved house the bank would have to issue a new card once you told them of your new home address.
Never moved house in the time I have had my own bank account , good info to know anyway (suppose you learn something new every day).
Cheers for that.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Not sure why you have cancelled unless you are expecting not to have Internet for a while. You should be able to re-sign in with your existing details. Unless you happen to get a new card the card you have will still work. I have never been sent a new card for any of my accounts when I moved. Not even when I moved to a different town. Now is not fixed to your address, some people share their account with others in their family eg their dad or brother. You will be able to start a new pass on your account.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

Not sure why you have cancelled unless you are expecting not to have Internet for a while. You should be able to re-sign in with your existing details. Unless you happen to get a new card the card you have will still work. I have never been sent a new card for any of my accounts when I moved. Not even when I moved to a different town. Now is not fixed to your address, some people share their account with others in their family eg their dad or brother. You will be able to start a new pass on your account.

Hi @4268

It seems your right and I'm wrong. After doing some extra research it seems that banks don't generally change your card when you change address. Although with all the security measures that banks have in place these days. Part of me surprised that they don't.

Regardless given the change of address @Anonymous User would need to change the billing address that nowTV uses as your billing address forms part of your payment details. At least in nowTVs case anyway. To change the billing address they would need to update their payment details.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm...

Unless barbiegirl1967 is moving out of the UK or has discovered it's going to take weeks to obtain a new internet connection at her new address, I'm not sure why she thinks she needs to cancel her movie subscription Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've known of moves where it's taken over a month to get the internet reconnected. Openreach are a pain in doing anything in a timely manor.