cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App won't work

Hi

I've just signed up for the free trial entertainment pass. I'm trying to use it on my LG smart tv but it just keeps showing an advert telling me to go to nowtv to sign up for a free trial. I can't even get to a page that allows me to log in. I've switch the tv off at the mains, deleted and re-installed the app but nothing works. Seems like I'm doing something wrong just don't know what. Any help would be great.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

On the page that comes up down near the bottom there should be a box that says next 1/3 , if you click on that you will get another advert, click it again and again and you will be in the NOW TV App.

Cheers

Andy

@Anonymous User , so I was thinking of the correct thing. When I posted yesterday, then Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tv model is webOs TV LF652V
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi normally would suggest exactly what you seem to have already done.  Uninstall and reinstall the app.  I know the app works as I use it (I have a different tv).   It might be worth having both LG chat available 9-5 and Now Chat on in separate windows so you can cross trouble shoot the issue.  Are the other apps working ok such as Netflix or BBC Iplayer? I am assuming that when you go into your account on here it is showing an active entertainment pass?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes all other apps work, on live chat now.

Legend 5
Legend 5

I am going to tag two of the "expert" customers who use LG TV to watch Now they may be able to assist if chat could not resolve it @commanda6  and @SeeMoreDigital.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chat isn't very helpful unfortunately, they just advise that I should use a laptop/pc. Which basically voids the need for an app. Disappointing that I can't use it on my tv, the reason for which I bought a smart tv was so that I could access things like nowtv without the need for cables running everywhere. Shame 

Legend 5
Legend 5

That's a shame.  The two lads I have tagged previously may know of ways to trouble shoot and fix your problem.  Don't give up yet.  I know they have both been on today.  

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Chat isn't very helpful unfortunately, they just advise that I should use a laptop/pc. Which basically voids the need for an app. Disappointing that I can't use it on my tv, the reason for which I bought a smart tv was so that I could access things like nowtv without the need for cables running everywhere. Shame 

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you able to post a picture of what's going on on your TV screen? I know you previously provided the model number and said that it was a webOS TV. Thanks for that Smiley Happy

I think I know the pop-up to which you refer in some of the now TV apps. When you start them for the first time a dialogue appears so new what you can get on their TV on the first dialogue, but should be a next button once you've gone through all the dialogue you should be able to close the dialogue and then use the app normally. I've seen these kinds of dialogues on several devices such as Roku, LG and Youview. Although Youview only has the one dialogue because you can only access movies. Is there no button anywhere on the dialogue?

@4268 I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm an expert , but thanks for the vote of confidence Smiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Ange3,

Ideally you should be using the same log-in name and password across all your NOW TV devices including this forum.

If this is the case, I suggest that while you're logged onto this forum you click on the following: Manage TV Devices link. And check if your LG television is listed. You can also check that your payment card is listed along with any NOW TV passes.

Out of interest, how is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

On the page that comes up down near the bottom there should be a box that says next 1/3 , if you click on that you will get another advert, click it again and again and you will be in the NOW TV App.

Cheers

Andy