cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

KID pass: absolutely unacceptable

I joined NowTV because of the TV Series AND the kids stuff. I have been using it for a couple of months and I am quite happy.

Now they unilateraly decided to remove the whole kid content from the Entertainment pass WITHOUT ANY NOTICE and they kindly invite us to purchase a new Pass to keep the previous content.

Last but not least, the Kid Pass is not included in the package offers...

Really disappointing. 

regards,

david

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there was notice back at the start of May, this included emails, flyers in the post, blog posts, forum posts, updates to the homepage and press releases covered by most of the media.

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User Currently, not one single customer has to pay for the Kids Pass.  You can trial the service for 14 days and cancel straight away without giving a single penny away.  Some customers have also received an email for four months free.

You're also getting extra channels, VoD content and a customised app for your child to use which is cheaper than going to Starbucks.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your answer.

I couldn´t try yet this new Kid Pass, so I don´t know, and sorry but it is not matter of whether the price is ok or not.  I got a packet with a certain content for a fixed price and a part of the content has been removed, so even if this new pass has a better content, it still means an increase of 50% the price (6.99 + 2.99). Of course I agree with you that this is just a mid size capuccino in starbucks, but this is not the point!  What is going to be next, the Todler Pass, the HBO Pass, the Disney Pass, etc...

I would, for intance, have prefered keeping my old Entertainment pass with the reduced content, but we haven´t been given this option. This would have been the fairest solution for existing costumers.

regards,

david

@BicBasher wrote:

@Anonymous User Currently, not one single customer has to pay for the Kids Pass.  You can trial the service for 14 days and cancel straight away without giving a single penny away.  Some customers have also received an email for four months free.

You're also getting extra channels, VoD content and a customised app for your child to use which is cheaper than going to Starbucks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with everythin dgomezotero has sed. I also knew nothing about the Kids content being removed from the entertainment pass untill yesterday. It is simply not fair to change this, especialy after buying a 6 month pass, and without clear warning. I definatly have had no notice about this but I am a fairly new customer so I might have missed it. You could have had a notice on the Kids shows informing that this will no longer be available from a sertain date, but then again, I supose it dosnt exactly sound good.

Very disepointed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,

Honestly I didn´t see it and I didn´t get any mail from nowtv either. However I still see that unfair, in deed is a change of the conditions signed... which is annoying, specially if you bought a long 6-month pass... 

fortunatelly is not my case, so I guess I can sign off...

David

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disgusted with the switch, I'm a new user of the Now TV service, purchasing a 6month advance pass. The best of both entertainment and kids channels suited our family needs, I was fed up of paying for Sky TV and the stuff we never used. I have checked my emails since joining and have found nothing to advise the service change - apart from today's one. I've a screenshot from a website, third party, advertising still the entertainment pass with the children's channels.
I'm sorry but I don't check the website for updates, I rely on email notification or in-app news updates.
Price is hiking up and soon be back at the base sky entertainment package....give it time.
Why can't it just be kept simple and transparent for the consumer?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with you!  The main reason I have Now TV is for Disney Channel - an affordable way of watching it.   It's not even included in the new 'kids pass'.  Really disappointed.  There may well have been info on the website about the changes, but I have not had email notification.  :((

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV Entertainment package was originally sold for £4.99 as having 'something for all the family' but now just four years later it has doubled in price.  David Cameron was a Murdichs christmas party and has been pushing for a percentage of license fee money for kids content to go to commercial providers even though you have to pay a subscription with I'd assume the rest of the BBC to follow.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sadly we no longer have the rights to the Disney Channel, Disney now have their own app.

All customers with an active Entertainment pass would of been emailed in May, have you checked your junk/spam emails for the address connected to your NOW TV account?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team