Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i would like support for wd tv live thanks

16 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please could you develop an app to work on the Wester digital media player "WDTV"

There is such a large number of people who have these devices... would be an idea to perhaps cash in on this...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Need this! Can't believe there isn't one!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Could we please have an APP for WD TV LIVE, There is a large community of users out there that would love this to happen.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another vote for the WD TV Live - would like this as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree - I have the now TV box in one room and a WD in the other. The WD player is awesome for playing videos from my network harddrive but the Now TV one doesnt have that function. Adding Now TV to the WD would be awesome because it would give me the best of box worlds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would also like this please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also think that this is very important. The WD players are quite popular, and provide various capabilities (e.g. playing from local or network storage) not provided by the Now TV box, so it is not possible to just replace the WD with the Now TV box.

The Now TV box is really cheap at £10, and is quite small. But if you also consider the space taken by the two cables (power and HDMI), the need for an additional socket and, most importantly, the need for one more HDMI port on the TV (requiring you to disconnect another device when you want to watch Now TV), it is too much hassle.

I've just started the trial for Now TV (using my PC) to check it, but the inability to easily play it on my current TV/media player setup is definitely a negative point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

I would like to add my voice to the request for Now TV to be added to the WD TV Live box.

I don't have enough HDMI ports on my TV to add yet another box.

Now TV and WD TV Live would just go together perfectly.

Regards,

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys and gals,

Its highly unlikeley that NowTv will develop an app for the WDTV live as even WD no longer support this product.

As far as I know nobody has developed any new WDTV apps and there is no way to get them on the platform if you do!

WDTV is a dying platform, I have three of these that I use for the slingplayer alone, most of the apps are either dead or no longer supported.

You Tube just bit the dust, Vudu movies will cease at the end of the year, and a few useless channels struggle on.

Sky are not going to fund research and development into producing a NowTv app for a product that is no longer sold, solely for the benefit of a few die hard users, who love their equipment!

It was a good product - I like being able to stream from storage or any other device in the house, but the box is known for the fact that you can use it to fry an egg on (especially if using wifi), and its bugginess with all media applications.

The mistake that WD made was that they pre loaded it will all channels available regardless of whether you wanted them or not, you cant delete them, or add the ones you want. Making users have to wade through piles of useless apps to find what they want.

The games feature is unique - kind of reminds me of beehive bedlam on the first sky digital boxes, and they got the stream your own media around the home part right. But its an ageing dinosaur on which any remaining working apps will cease to function in the near future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well the WDTV box has just received an update (April 2016), so I'm still very much happy with this device.

So I agree with all the other requests, in that a NOW TV app would be ideal for this amazing box of tricks.  Smiley Happy