Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Is The Flash Now a Hero or Villain?

@mark_suff @GraphiteGB @caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital @Andy

Guys

I'd like to throw this topic out to the forum and, hopefully, gain some sort of consensus, here we go:

Over the past seasons and last few episodes Flash has been running around causing more problems than he can, and the biggest problem is Flashpoint where peoples lives of been changed forever without them even knowing. 

This, for me, is not the action of a hero but more like putting an irresponsible kid in charge of a 200 mph race car but hundred times worse.  In other words, I believe heroes solve problems and fight villains, not create problems and then try to clear up the mess later on by fighting the villains that has been indirectly created.

Therefore, I believe, Flash cannot really be called a hero, he's more like the guy that's leading you to hell with his good intentions.

UK Bob

4 REPLIES 4
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@mark_suff @Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital@Andy

Guys

I'd like to throw this topic out to the forum and, hopefully, gain some sort of consensus, here we go:

Over the past seasons and last few episodes Flash has been running around causing more problems than he can, and the biggest problem is Flashpoint where peoples lives of been changed forever without them even knowing. 

This, for me, is not the action of a hero but more like putting an irresponsible kid in charge of a 200 mph race car but hundred times worse.  In other words, I believe heroes solve problems and fight villains, not create problems and then try to clear up the mess later on by fighting the villains that has been indirectly created.

Therefore, I believe, Flash cannot really be called a hero, he's more like the guy that's leading you to hell with his good intentions.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy I see your point, I think it is  unfair to call him a villain. Given what Zoom it to him last season. If you had the power to stop Something like that from happening. Would you not try?  It's fair to say he has been messed with more than most. 

If I remember correctly flashpoint and its after-effects are the only things he is responsible. He is not directly to blame for the events of the season one or two. . He was not directly and unlike arrow, no one has ever died by the flashs own hands.

But at least he does try and clean up his own mess. Most people would just leave somebody else to deal with the fallout, I have to say though, I think he has a better moral compass than Julian Albert.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @mark_suff @GraphiteGB @caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital @Andy

Hi C6

You know, I would be inclined to agree with you but we have not seen all the fallout to Flashpoint yet and, watching the Flash trailers, there are some irreparable stuff yet to come.

Yes, Flash has been messed with so much that any normal person would have gone out of their mind but I can't help feeling that the recklessness shown so far is verging on the villainous.

You asked, "If you had the power to stop Something like that from happening. Would you not try?".  I can only answer that question from my own personal view point, and that is I would want revenge and not mess about with the timeline, the effects are unpredictable and could possibly end up destroying the world.

What Flash did in creating Flashpoint was selfish and had no regard for anybody else, that's not heroic, that's reckless world endangerment (if there was such a crime). 

Finally C6, yes, Flash has a better moral compass than most but what is the point when almost everything he does puts the world in danger.

UK Bob

PS.  I believe Flash should be locked up for the good of the world, he's just too reckless. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

What Flash did in creating Flashpoint was selfish and had no regard for anybody else, that's not heroic, that's reckless world endangerment (if there was such a crime). 

PS.  I believe Flash should be locked up for the good of the world, he's just too reckless. 

@ukbobboy if there was such a crime. I think there would be a fair few people in jail for it right now.

To be honest I think if you were to lock him up the DC universe would be a far more dangerous place because there are many villains that most of the other heroes could not stop. For example Green arrow wouldn't stand a chance against most of the meta-humans or villains with powers. So unfortunately I don't think you could do that without putting the DC universe. In severe danger. 

I also think green arrow has been rather reckless as well, especially in season three's actions nearly led to an entire city being killed. So some of the other heroes are far from perfect.

To me, a villain is somebody who sets out with the intention of committing a despicable/evil act. So a villain, the Flash is definitely not. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Hi C6

I agree with some of what you have said and, in some cases, can also see your point of view, especially about the Arrow but, and this is the main point, Arrow cannot destroy the world even if  he had several nuclear bombs.  However, if Flash messes with a crucial point in history, through irresponsibility, the world could end or go down a parallel path it could never recover from, e.g. prevent the meteorite from 65 million years ago from crashing into the earth.

Moving on, you said, "I don't think you could do that (putting the Flash in prison) without putting the DC universe in severe danger". Well, not quite.  While villains are extremely dangerous and selfish creatures most of them would not put their own area of influence and/or power in danger, they would do anything to continue their own personal status quo.  While Flash, in his emotional moments, just would not consider the ramification of his actions or simply would not care, that makes him extremely dangerous. 

However, I will admit that Flash would do almost anything to try and correct his mistakes but by then it would be too late, i.e. a broken cup cannot be unbroken.

Flash does not have the mind of a criminal or villain, is a very pleasant and likable young man, the people around him think of him as a very good friend and even a selfless hero. But his recklessness, emotional lapses are dangerous and, IMHO, far more dangerous than any selfish psychopathic and self-serving villain.

Remember the old saying, the way to hell is paved with good intentions, and that C6 fits the Flash like a glove.

I believe that if and when Flash matures, and the earth survives, he will be a great hero but until then ......

UK Bob