cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bal212
Mentor

Tennis catch-up?

although tennis was a welcome addition to the sports line-up, why is there very limited content in the catch-up section? is this a NOW limitation? there are hardly any matches added and with a long delay. do the other platforms (sky Q, sky stream, sky sports app) have more content?

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

@bal212 

It’s a Sky limitation. Now can only show what Sky provides.

If you don’t like it, complain to Sky. Though they must know their tennis offering is mindblowihgly awful, especially compared with what Prime used to provide, since they have been told so many times 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

@RoyB 

@bal212 

Sky don’t even have decent catch up on Premier League.   Amazon was pretty good for football, rugby and tennis catch up.  Alas it is no more.  At least I can record on Virgin Media with Tivo

starman73
Elite

@bal212  no catch up on Virgin either.  However I can record, but with tennis, it’s hit and miss as I have no idea how long a match will last, so I just record in SD.

Pinkfishball
Advocate

@bal212 

I have to agree with the fact that NOW is doing an awfully lousy job in the Tennis catch-up and replay session.With Prime, we used to be able to watch all of the ATP/WTA tournaments matches (any rounds) reply on demand with detail match up info (players name) on each episode which was a handy feature.

Now we're stuck with NOW/SKY without such feature for five years. NOW/SKY catch-up session only feature very limit amount of match replay. (Mostly only the Brits players) With such a high subscription fee that they are charing, they should be able to provide what Prime has offered to their subscribers as well. We deserves it !

Please NOW/SKY ! Don't be stingy on your resources of the catch- up session. Get more server capacity if needed as well as all the tech needed to make it happen. I'm sure you can do what Prime has done.

Also, we should notify ATP/WTA broadcast and licensing department regarding to this issue. So they can review the licensee’s performance and evaluate them. Also, hope to give SKY a push to improve the service.

bal212
Mentor

good to know im not the only one thinking this. also, especially for a tournament like indian wells, where its a different time zone and the majority of the matches are late at night, we would really need a proper catch-up service, because the one we have right now is a joke

bal212
Mentor

i watched the australian open on discovery+ and even they did a decent job

SportsNut
Mentor

Looks like there's no point complaining to NOW as they are just broadcasting SKY's content.  Anyone got a link to complain to SKY?  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SportsNut @Pinkfishball 

It’s Sky Viewer Relations you want.
Viewer r @ sky .uk (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Pinkfishball
Advocate

@gavs82008 thank you so much. Will pop them an email