cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps5 NOW app keeps buffering and stopping. I have followed the instructions to delete app and data

App on PS5 keeps buffering and stops with an error message afterwards with "Oops something went wrong"  this occurred 3 times in15 minutes.  I have followed thr instructions to delete the app and data and reinstall, but still happening

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try unplugging your router for a few minutes if you are able to.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What are you trying to watch? 

@schnapps 

Haven’t used my PS5 for NOW yet, could have a test of it tomorrow. Mines is connected via Ethernet as is my TV and Amazon fire sticks, not encountered any issues with NOW on any of my devices thankfully. Knowing my luck I’ve just jinxed it haha 😂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it was me i would be tempted to try something like Google DNS on your PlayStation to see if there is any improvement when using NOW.

There is plenty of instructions on the internet on how to do it.

I see this message on rare occasions when using NOW and pressing the back button and start the stream again seems to clear it for me (though extremely annoying for live streaming content such has sports).

I don't own a PlayStation, but did use a PS3 quite a few years ago with the Google DNS on it with pretty good results when streaming.

Also are you using the PS5 over Ethernet or wifi ?

If over wifi what's the wifi reception coverage like ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Managed to watch Chicago PD on my PS5 without any issues.