cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Cinema

I was wondering, with the introduction of Sky Cinema or Sky Movies Cinema, whichever it is called, will this also mean that World Cinema films'll come to sky movies? Because I feel we are severely lacking in this genre (World Cinema meaning non-English speaking films), mainly the Far-East Asian side (Japanese, Korean, China, vietnamese and Taiwan etc), because they do some cracking films.
6 REPLIES 6
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I totally agree that we need more world cinema movies. They have something that huge budget movies don't. 🙂

@Anonymous User Until you get an answer, did you All4 have a section devoted to world dramas? They are called 'Walter Presents' 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't remember if Sky have ever offered a dedicated 'live broadcast' channel for Foreign movies. But I reckon if such content was offered 'on demand', it might prove interesting 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User from the press release about the "launch" of Sky Cinema

It’s not only about blockbusters; customers can enjoy more of the best stories from around the world with a dedicated new ‘World Cinema’ slot every Wednesday from 10pm. Some of the critically-acclaimed films coming up include: El Ardor (Argentina); Theeb (UAE); Tangerines (Estonia) and many more.

BicBasher
Elite

Sky Arts is the best bet for foreign movies, although you get a very occasional one on Sky Movies Select.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Ah, OK, thank you very much. Also, upon reading the press release, I am officially excited for this new layout and system.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yeah, c'mon Sky, give us shed loads of J-horror

image.jpeg